Progamme Coordinator in Bangladesh
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: Fixed term contract of 6 months, with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Cox Bazar, Bangladesh
Reporting to: Desk Officer Solidar HQ Zurich (Switzerland)
Background and purpose of the position
Since October 2017, Solidar Suisse has been supporting Rohingya refugees through a WASH and Shelter intervention implemented by our international partner organization AWO International. Solidar Suisse intends to strengthen its presence through the deployment of a Programme Coordinator. Besides a short term emergency project scheduled to start in July, Solidar Suisse aims to design a midterm project focusing on refugees and host communities. The Programme Coordinator will lead this planning process and is responsible for monitoring and the overall supervision of the emergency project, implemented by a partner organization. In addition, he/she provides capacity building and institutional support to the local partner organisation. He/she will be based in Cox Bazar with regular field trips to the camp and host communities in the project area.
- In collaboration with identified local partner organization, lead the process of strategic planning by elaborating feasible programming strategies.
- Translate agreed programming strategies into feasible project designs and write project proposals, meeting the expected requirements of the back-donor.
- Monitor and provide oversight to the ongoing project in the sectors of WASH, Shelter, livelihood and social cohesion and any upcoming project in the near future.
- In coordination with the international partner (AWO) and the local partner organisation, review overall project workplan(s) and budgets for field activities associated to donor requirements and provide guidance to the local partner organisation and their expected delivery requirements.
- Assess institutional capacity building needs of the partner organization, elaborate and implement a strategy to respond to identified needs of the local NGO.
- Ensure that project reports, templates, monitoring systems, logistic and financial requirements fulfill Solidar Suisse and donor standards.
- Represent Solidar vis-a`-vis partner organisations, Swiss Embassy, international donors and other relevant actors and take initiative to network and to identify funding opportunities.
- At least 5 years’ experience in planning and managing humanitarian assistance and/or development programs, ideally in displacement settings and/or protracted crises.
- Proven experience in organizational-, and strategic development of local NGOs.
- Thematic experience in the fields of livelihood programming, WASH, and shelter.
- Knowhow of the context in Bangladesh / Indian Subcontinent.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Strong communication, reporting and negotiation skills; proficiency in written English.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and politically sensitive environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements, please send your application
including motivation letter, detailed CV, and contact details of 3 referees by e-mail with Subject “Programme Coordinator Bangladesh” before 20th June, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.