We fight for decent work, democratic participation, and social justice worldwide. On behalf of our donors, we put solidarity into action in over 60 projects in four continents. With foresight and ambition we eliminate social wrongs, and create possibilities and prospects for disadvantaged people.
Job Vacancy: Finance and Administration Coordinator
01, August 2020 to 31, July 2021
Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Emergency Response Representative
Background and purpose of this consultancy contract
In Bangladesh, Solidar Suisse has been supporting projects in the field of decent work since 2015. Since the start of the Rohingya refugee crisis in 2017, Solidar Suisse has been supporting projects in favour of Rohingya refugees in the fields of shelter, food security and WASH, implemented by local partner organizations. In 2018, Solidar established presence in Bangladesh and has selected two local organizations for implementation of Shelter and Livelihoods projects. The project operations are based in Cox’s Bazar.
The following are key responsibilities of the position:
Reviewing partner finance management to ensure that adequate finance, procedures and systems are in place and funds are efficiently used according to Solidar and donor guidelines;
Support Solidar Suisse staff in financial management aspects of projects implemented by partner organisations to ensure the implementation of grant contracts and donor agreements according to established agreements and required standards;
Responsible for admin and logistics related aspects of Solidar Suisse representation in Bangladesh.
Review partner accounting and finance management
- Regularly review transactions list and ledger of partner and check monthly/quarterly financial report prepared by partners.
- Regularly review accounts, supporting documents (e.g. vouchers, allocation of expenses) and procurement process documentation of partner organisation on regular intervals.
- Take copies of major expense vouchers / required by HQ finance.
- Maintain petty cash account of Bangladesh office and report on weekly cash closure.
- Seek approval from ERR before releasing of any payment after evaluating that the expenditures are in line with the SOPs and local laws.
- Advise and support partner organisations in preparing budgets and financial reports, reviewing expenditures, analysing variance reports, and deciding on follow up measures.
- Conduct procurement compliance test and carry out spots check on partner and ensure rectify actions.
- Coordinate/provide formal and on-the job training for project & partner staff dealing with finance & personnel matters.
Support Solidar Suisse team in financial aspects of project management
- Establish, maintain and monitor financial management systems, procedures and controls, ensuring these are compliant with Solidar Switzerland, donor and Government of Bangladesh requirements.
- Assist the Emergency Response Representative on standard financial analysis and other review findings on Project/s spending, variance, fund situation, project stage of completion, closing and reporting related issues etc.
- Preparation of analytical review of budget vs. expenses, exchange rate etc. and ensure to notify major issues to Emergency Response Representative immediately.
- Develop budgets for project proposals according to project needs and donor constraints.
- Prepare and review cost & no cost extensions of various projects request and ensure that budgetary tracking is developed to reflect and capture these amendments.
- To be responsible for the preparation of the annual organizational financial budget ensuring provision of sufficient resources and assets to attain organizational objectives.
- Keep track of the contractual agreements per individual project, time-frame and budget obligations and circulate this information to senior management on a regular basis.
- To ensure Solidar Suisse and partner staff are in compliance with the approved financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare high quality and timely financial reports, including budget narratives and analysis for internal and external audiences.
- Provide monthly standard accounting submissions to headquarters; plan and monitor cash flow requirements.
- Review and implementation of financial partner reports and ensure financial standards meet internal and external audit standards.
- To ensure annual audit compliance and facilitate internal and external audits conducted by HQ or donors.
Management of admin and logistics related aspects of Solidar Suisse representation
• Ensure all admin and logistic needs of the team are met such as; vehicle, stationery, travel, etc.
• Ensure office operations are reflected in time and managed properly.
• Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Emergency Response Representative and /or determined by Solidar head office.
Requirements & Expertise
- At least 5 year (s) of relevant work experience
- Strong partnership management capacity in emergency & development context
- Strong background in financial management of donor funded programs and knowledge of international accounting standards
- Experience of working with inter/multi-national agencies, and in-depth knowledge of NGO accounting, donor requirements and tendering process
- Thorough knowledge of provisions under national applicable laws
- Familiarity with various institutional requirements for possible statutory compliances
- Experience of training and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook).
- Well organized, excellent attention to detail and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, take initiative and solve problems
- Positive attitude, able to work in a team, and respect opinions of others
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external partners
- Good and active team member, with independence and well-structured mode of operation showing good judgement in recognising and setting priorities
- Ability to improve, innovate and solve problems
- Ability to act as coach and knowledge facilitator.
Potential candidates that meet the above requirements are requested to apply under the following https://solidar.aidaform.com/Bangladesh-Finance-Admin-Co by filling out the application form and uploading a) your resume, b) a motivation letter, c) contacts of (2) referees of previous line managers until 5th July, 2020