For our delegation office in Nabatieh, we are looking for an experienced and motivated Administrator
The position is based in Nabatieh, southern Lebanon.
and the contract duration limited to 12 months (with the option of extension). It is a non-family duty station.
Purpose of the position
Under the direct supervision of the Country representative, the administration delegate is entrusted to administratively run Solidars’ office in Southern Lebanon and to implement administrative procedures and processes according to Solidar Suisse international standards. She/he is in charge of the entire financial and human resource management of the office and leads the small logistics unit. Together with the Country representative and program coordinator, the administration delegate forms the management team of the humanitarian operation in Lebanon.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Ensures correct and effective financial accounting, financial planning, controls and reporting (monthly financial closing, yearly closing, donor reporting)
- In charge of overall relation with banks, including opening and closing accounts, negotiations of conditions
- Based on forecasted expenses, establishes transfer requests to HQ , ensures smooth cash flow and supervises petty cash transactions in the office
- Supports the operational departments in developing and following up on project budgets, provides monthly financial reports and establishes financial forecasts inclusive relevant financial analysis
- Provides support to the Cash Transfer Program Team and is responsible for the collaboration with the financial service provider
- Organizes and ensures annual external audits and deals with all outstanding findings raised by the auditors during the audit process. Ensures follow-up and implementation of recommendations issued by the auditor
Human Resource Management
- In charge of the overall HR and staff management in Solidar’s office including HR policy, recruitment and HR administration
- Ensure timely management of monthly pay rolls and sound contratural basis with the outsourcing company, MENAF
- In collaboration with the lawyer, advises and supports the country representative on questions related to local labour law.
- Manages and follows-up all contractual office issues
- Ensure financial, HR and administrative records and filing are comprehensive, accurate, secure and up-to-date. This includes, but is not limited to, all financial plans, budgets, contracts, agreements and key correspondence.
Capacity Building / Process structure
- Support and training of the staff members of the administrative department
- Evaluate and revise or adapt, where necessary process management and administrative tools such as financial manual, HR manual and policies
- University degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting and HR Management
- At least 5 years of professional experience abroad or in an international environment as Administrator; NPO /NGO experience required.
- Proven experience in the development of administrative policies, tools and procedures for a development/humanitarian organisation
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills
- Confident using ITC office tools
- Empathy with Solidar’s vision, mission and values
We offer an interesting and challenging assignment in a dynamic work environment in an international field of activities. If you are interested, please submit your complete application file with 2 referees to “firstname.lastname@example.org” (Ref. “ Administrator Lebanon”) not later than July, 3rd, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: Fixed term contract of 6 months, with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Cox Bazar, Bangladesh
Reporting to: Desk Officer Solidar HQ (Switzerland)
Background and purpose of the position
Since October 2017, Solidar Suisse has been supporting Rohingya refugees through a WASH and Shelter intervention implemented by our international partner organization AWO International. Solidar Suisse intends to strengthen its presence through the deployment of a Programme Coordinator. Besides a short term emergency project scheduled to start in July, Solidar Suisse aims to design a midterm project focusing on refugees and host communities. The Programme Coordinator will lead this planning process and is responsible for monitoring and the overall supervision of the emergency project, implemented by a partner organization. In addition, he/she provides capacity building and institutional support to the local partner organisation. He/she will be based in Cox Bazar with regular field trips to the camp and host communities in the project area.
- In collaboration with identified local partner organization, lead the process of strategic planning by elaborating feasible programming strategies.
- Translate agreed programming strategies into feasible project designs and write project proposals, meeting the expected requirements of the back-donor.
- Monitor and provide oversight to the ongoing project in the sectors of WASH, Shelter, livelihood and social cohesion and any upcoming project in the near future.
- In coordination with the international partner (AWO) and the local partner organisation, review overall project workplan(s) and budgets for field activities associated to donor requirements and provide guidance to the local partner organisation and their expected delivery requirements.
- Assess institutional capacity building needs of the partner organization, elaborate and implement a strategy to respond to identified needs of the local NGO.
- Ensure that project reports, templates, monitoring systems, logistic and financial requirements fulfill Solidar Suisse and donor standards.
- Represent Solidar vis-a`-vis partner organisations, Swiss Embassy, international donors and other relevant actors and take initiative to network and to identify funding opportunities.
- At least 5 years’ experience in planning and managing humanitarian assistance and/or development programs, ideally in displacement settings and/or protracted crises.
- Proven experience in organizational-, and strategic development of local NGOs.
- Thematic experience in the fields of livelihood programming, WASH, and shelter.
- Knowhow of the context in Bangladesh / Indian Subcontinent.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Strong communication, reporting and negotiation skills; proficiency in written English.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and politically sensitive environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements, please send your application
including motivation letter, detailed CV, and contact details of 3 referees by e-mail with Subject “Programme Coordinator Bangladesh” before 20th June, 2018 to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.